Saturday, August 7, 2010

Art This Year


Friday is art day.  It's good to have a day where the routine changes and we can take a break from the daily grind.  I really look forward to it, and so do the kids.  The only problem with art day is that it seems to arrive before I have any time to plan or prepare for it.  Last year I decided to plan out a whole bunch of art projects ahead of time and then I wouldn't have to do last minute planning on Friday mornings, which is how it usually ends up.

I found a wonderful website on-line that is written by an elementary school art teacher.  She has been blogging for awhile and she has posted a ton of art projects.  You can even search for art projects for a specific grade level.  It's wonderful!!!!  The site is www.artprojectsforkids.org.  So, go and check it out!

I decided to print out a bunch of the art projects that I thought looked fun and bind them.  (Love my binder!)  So, now I have a "book" of art projects to choose from, all geared toward elementary school students.  My kids of course got a hold of this book I made and I let them mark the ones they liked the best. I'm ready for Fridays.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment