Sunday, September 12, 2010

Daily Schedule



My mother is a very organized person.  She thinks that I am unorganized.  This will make you laugh when you see our schedule.  This is my 3rd year homeschooling.  I always start out with a complicated schedule and then as we get into our routine, the things that should stay do, and the things that were a little crazy kind of...go away.  I don't know why it works that way, but it does.

So, here's my schedule for one day:

Click to see a larger version.

This year I focused on making sure I had time with each of the kids.  So, in the morning I have Sanoma time, Lil time, Hoyt time, and Nia time.  I play with Sanoma, do reading lessons with Lil and Hoyt, and then Nia and I do different things depending on what I feel like doing.  For example Thursday I realized that Nia didn't know how to tie shoes, so during Nia time I taught her how to tie shoes.  She was thrilled with that.  At the beginning of the year we played battleship on graph paper.  She loved that too!  There are just so many fun things to do.  I think we're going to work on teaching her how to knit again soon.

In the afternoon I do get an hour to myself, quiet time.  School is done by 2:30, so if the schedule gets messed up after that, oh well!  I can have my game on until 2:30.  My wonderful husdand has put himself in charge of Latin, and he's loving it.  That enthusiasm is contagious.

The only changes in the schedule during the week are as follows:

Monday at 9:00 AM we have piano lessons for Nia.
Tuesday at 1:00 PM we have story time at the library.
Wednesday at 4:15 PM we have stories and crafts at the library.
Friday in the morning we have art after we do math.  We do art time until lunch.

This schedule is working out great so far!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think your schedule is very organized LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as a former math teacher, I think you would understand! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your schedule with us. We use a schedule as well. To be sure we don't become a slave to it, we schedule in flexibility. ☺

    ReplyDelete